Orthodontics with Invisalign
Having a straight smile can undoubtedly add to your self-confidence when interacting in social or professional settings. But did you know that having proper teeth alignment can also contribute to a healthier smile? Straight teeth are easier to clean and less likely to wear prematurely, which is why many of our adult patients are considering orthodontics as part of their oral health plans.
Introducing Invisalign in Needville
Many patients opt for traditional braces, but some people find that they are just too big of an adjustment for their busy lifestyles, which is why Dr. Jennifer Kunkel and Dr. Kathryn Davis have introduced Invisalign clear aligner braces as part of our treatment options at Needville Family Dentistry.
Unlike traditional bracket-and-wire dentistry, Invisalign relies on a series of crystal clear plastic aligners to move teeth gradually into their ideal alignment positions. Instead of metal brackets, each set of aligners makes gradual changes to the location of your teeth, just fractions of millimeters at a time. We recommend that you wear each set of aligners for at least 22 hours per day, removing them only to clean your teeth, eat meals, and enjoy hot beverages.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign aligners are comfortable and easy to wear. Most people will never notice them, making them a popular choice for cosmetic dentistry. Invisalign is often the first step for a smile makeover because improving teeth alignment makes crowns, fillings, and implants more successful overall.
To determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign clear braces, one of our dentists will perform a full orthodontic evaluation.
- Take x-rays and make sure you have healthy bone.
- Take impressions and make models of your teeth.
- Use digital software to plan treatment.
- Create a follow-up schedule to keep your treatment on track.
- Plan for routine dental exams and cleanings.
We will then send the treatment details to our Invisalign lab to create your plastic aligner trays. Once we receive them, we will invite you back to the dental office to go over your personalized plan and how to achieve the best results possible.
Will Invisalign Work for Me?
Invisalign works best for older teens and adults who will comply with recommendations and wear their aligners diligently. Here are a few other guidelines to follow:
- Wear each set of aligners for ten days to two weeks before graduating to the next in the series.
- Keep aligners clean and bacteria-free by using a gentle cleanser.
- Maintain oral health by brushing and flossing after you eat.
- Keep your aligners away from hot cars and pets. Both can destroy them.
- Contact us if you lose your aligners or retainer.
- Don’t skip follow-up appointments, which are essential to achieving an ideal outcome.
Is It Time for a Straight Smile?
If you’re tired of looking at crooked or overlapping teeth, we invite you to contact our Needville dental office to arrange an orthodontic evaluation to get started on your new, straighter, and more beautiful smile.